Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Laundry and Perfume

(picture of us in the dining/living/entry/foyer of Lisa's pad see the ladder to our bed/tree house)

Yesterday I did laundry at the laundromat. It was weird but an interesting experience. I went down there alone with the clothes, soap, and money. There was a little old Chinese man who did not speak English or French so we basically did sign language and he wrote down numbers. In the end some of the clothes got clean and some did not. I now get why everyone is dowsed in perfume. Taking a shower is work and the washing machines suck. I now get it.

After PJ's nap we went to Lisa's old neighborhood. It's a 15min walk from this area and walking is fun because you can look into all the windows and up at all the wonderful apartments and architecture.

We went to what I think looks like a big lots or upgraded dollar store, called Giga (pronounced gee-guh). Its all cheap and its everything from pots & pans to panties. We got a sauce pan for Lisa and some Christmas gifts for PJ and her friend "A" in the states. By the way I have changed or abbreviated names to protect the not so innocent (Jill)... Here they call Santa Father Christmas but we have decided that Lisa is Mother Christmas. So Mother Christmas and I did our best to sneak items up to our little palace. I can't wait for Christmas.

(This picture was taken by PJ's own camera, I am sad at the quality but I love her views)

Next we walked to this little cafe and ate and ate and ate. The food here is so good and its not what you think heavy sauces and lots of bread, well there is lots of bread. But its fresh and wonderful. We had a stew with chicken, green beans and wild mushrooms over pasta. We stayed for dessert and more wine as we prepared to walk home in the rain. This area is too far for tourists so we and our stroller really stand out "hey we are American" look out! I of course enjoyed this day very much. I like getting off the tourist paths and seeing how other people really live. And guess what - we are all the same with the exception of peeing on the street, all the boys just whip it out any where and every where.

As we plan our next adventure I look forward to writing more.

1 comment: